Say goodbye to full-coverage foundations, powder-heavy finishes and dark bold lips and get ready to…
It’s official: the new Pantone color of the year is ultra violet! The spiritual, cosmic hue is sure to be making appearances in all the latest beauty collections. To make sure that you stay on trend, find out which ones you need to add to your makeup bag ASAP.
How to Wear Ultra Violet: Eyes
- It’s all about the eyes! Add some shimmer to your lids with Urban Decay’s eyeshadow in Vice or Merle Norman’s eyeshadow in Pretty Lily.
- Can’t pick just one? Layer your shades with Black Radiance’s Shadow Trio in Ambition.
- Line your eyes with a pop of purple using Lancôme’s Artliner Liquid Liner in Violet.
How to Wear Ultra Violet: Lips
- One of the easiest ways to rock ultra violet is on your lips. One of our favorite shades is wet n wild’s mega last lip color in Sugar Plum Fairy.
- Want it to last all day? Check out NYX’s liquid suede cream lipstick in Amethyst for a gorgeous purple hue that’s waterproof and has a matte finish.
- For a smooth violet shine, use Urban Decay’s glide-on lip pencil in Pandemonium.
How to Wear Ultra Violet: Nails
- Dare to rock an ultra violet manicure this year! For a deeper purple shade, Jafra’s nail polish in Brisk Violet is your new go-to. Another one of our favorites is wet n wild’s nail polish in Who is Ultra Violet? for a glossy lavender shade.
What’s your favorite way to wear the new color of the year? Let us know in the comments!