It’s official: the new Pantone color of the year is ultra violet! The spiritual, cosmic…
It’s that time of year again. Every year in early December, Pantone reveals the upcoming Color of the Year that leads as an inspiration and reflection of what’s happening in multiple industries, including fashion, beauty, interior design and more. The color must reflect what’s trending across these industries, but also be relevant to social and cultural themes.
What is the Pantone Color of the Year for 2019?
The 2019 Color of the Year is… Living Coral!
Pantone describes Living Coral as “an animating and life-affirming coral hue with a golden undertone that energizes and enlivens with a softer edge”.
The vibrant, yet mellow hue was chosen in reaction to social media and other digital technologies increasingly becoming a part of our daily lives to provide comfort and buoyancy in our continually shifting environment. As we continue to seek authentic, immersive experience that enable connection and intimacy, Living Coral welcomes and encourages lighthearted activity and embodies our desire for playful expression. Living Coral is a true representation of the fusion of modern life — the color appears in our natural surroundings, while simultaneously displays a lively presence within social media.
Image via Pantone
Living Coral in the Beauty World
In the beauty world, the Color of the Year has become one of the most highly anticipated announcements.
Last year’s Ultra Violet shade was more of a spiritual, cosmic hue that made a very bold statement in beauty. This year’s Living Coral is an exciting choice for beauty lovers everywhere because not only is it flattering and easy to wear, but you can easily incorporate it in a range of ways: on your eyes, lips, cheeks and nails.
Want to get stay ahead of the beauty game? While we’re sure that many brands will be creating new lines inspired Living Coral in early 2019, there are already tons of amazing products readily available to help you incorporate the Pantone Color of the Year into your beauty routine. We’ve rounded up some of our favorite coral products to bring some more color into your life this year.
Our Favorite Living Coral Beauty Products
- We all love a good matte lipstick in our lip wardrobe. Enter wet n wild MegaLast Liquid Catsuit Matte Lipstick in Coral Corruption for a pop of pink coral that won’t leave your lips.
- Are glossy lips more your style? Check out NOTE Cosmetics Cosmo Lights 3D Holographic Lipgloss in Sunrise for a swipe of iridescent shine.
- Don’t forget to line your lips! Try Sephora Lip Liner To Go in Bright Coral to lock your coral lip look in place.
- Give your cheeks a subtle golden apricot glow with NYX Ombre Blush in Soft Flush.
- Get all the coral color in one easy stick! Add Merle Norman Cheek Crayon in Mango to your beauty routine to enhance cheeks with a blend of velvety blush, bronze and highlight.
- The beauty world has been raving about Glossier Cloud Paint in Dawn. This dreamy shade will give you a flushed-from-within glow that also plumps your skin to perfection.
- Add a pop of coral to your fingertips with Jessica Cosmetics Nail Polish in Fashionably Late.
- Looking for nails that last even longer than gel? Try Revel Nail Dip Powder in D331 Nikki for a chip-free mani to keep this cheerful shade as long as possible.
What are your thoughts on Pantone’s Color of the Year? Will you be rocking Living Coral in your beauty routine in 2019? Let us know below!